Parent Portal is designed for parents to access their students' progress quickly using their own accounts. By using a parent account, users will be able to switch between the students and access their progress such as grades, assignments, attendance, behavior and standards-based assessments without having to do multiple logins. They will also be able to update contact information and send messages to teachers.
Steps for registering a new parent account and adding students
New parents will have to create an account to view their students' information. A new account can only be created after verifying a student. Multiple students can be added under one parent account or multiple parents can access the same student's information from different accounts. Each student has a unique "Parent Access Code" that should be distributed by the school. This code will be used to add each student to the parent account(s).
The steps below can also be found on the "parent letter" provided by the school administration.
Attention! If you already have a parent account (returning parents), log in to your account and click on the "Add new student" button and follow steps 2 & 3 below.
Step 1: Using a web browser (not the radix app), go to the student verification page provided by the school. If your parent letter has a QR code, scanning that code will take you to this page automatically.
Step 2: On this page, you are verifying a student so that you can continue to create your account or add this student to your existing account.
Enter the parent access code, birthdate of the student, Student ID Number (if asked), and your relationship to the student. If you scanned the QR to come to this page, the parent access code should automatically be entered.
Step 3: If the information you entered on step 2 is correct, you will be redirected to a page where you can see your student's name. If this is your student, click continue, if not, click Cancel and contact the school. If the information is not correct and the system cannot find any student, please contact your school administration.
Step 4: This is the page you register your new parent account. Please make sure to provide a working email address. This email will be used to send a confirmation link. Click on "Create my new account" when done.
Step 5: You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to complete the account creation. Once you click on the link in the confirmation email, you will be re-directed to your dashboard and see the student you verified on step 3.
Step 6: Once logged in to the site, you can add another student by clicking on the "Add new student" button located on your dashboard.
Step 7: To add additional student(s), please follow Steps 2 & 3.
Navigating the Parent Dashboard
Parents will first be directed to their dashboards once they log in. On the dashboard, they will be presented with the following items
1) Navigation drawer for easy access to dashboard, site home, calendar, and the detailed pages of behavior, attendance, grades, assignments. The navigation drawer can be expanded or minimized by clicking on the icon.
2) Messaging, notifications, staff directory, site tour, and user profile icons are located on the top right corner of the site. The small arrow icon is to expand the messaging and upcoming events area for easy access.
3) You can switch between your students via this dropdown menu. Selected student's picture, name, and grades will be displayed on top of the page. You can add a new student by clicking the "Add new student" in the same dropdown list.
4) Update student contact info will appear here when it is made available by the school.
5) Selected student's courses are presented as cards.
6) Clicking on the little arrow icon will open up the block area where you can find the quick links, calendar, and user files. There may be other blocks added in this area by your school administration.
7) Snapshots for assignments, behavior, attendance are listed in this area. Clicking on the numbers. When you click on any of the numbers, you will be taken to the page with details.
8) Student's current grade average for the current and past terms are can be found under the assignment snapshots in a graphical format. You can switch between students by using the drop-down menu if you have multiple students. Clicking on the bars in the graph will take you to the grades summary page where you can go through the detailed grades for each course.
9) Standards performance by proficiency charts presented here if used by the school.
10) This section of the dashboard shows the recent feedbacks given by the teachers and recent forum activities that you are subscribed to such as site news.
On the detailed information page, parents can
1) Switch between students using the same dropdown menu,
2) Access the detailed information about Assignments, Grades, Standards Performance, Attendance, Behavior and download Progress Reports
3) Access the sub menus
4) Hover over the grades with the comment icon to see comments given by the teacher.
Once on the course details, you can click on the assignments to see the detailed explanations or any documents attached.
Under the grades tab, parents can see the summary of grades for all the grading terms and 1) navigate through the courses to see the details, 2) Click on any course name to go to the course's home page 3) send message to teachers by clicking on massaging icon next to teacher's name. 4) Click on any grades to see that course's detailed assignment grades for the current grading term.
Messaging with teachers
Once clicked on the chat icon (3) as seen on the above screenshot, parents will be taken to the messaging page to send a message to the selected teacher. Parents will only see the teachers of their students on the contact list. To switch between teachers, simply click on the name listed on the left side of the screen. Messages are always saved and can be accessed later in the future. If you have any unread messages, a number will be shown on the message icon located on the right of the top toolbar.
Updating Student Information
When school administration opens the update window for parents on parent portal plugin settings, a link will appear next to each student on the parent dashboard. Parents can click on this link during this update window and update the information.
Frequently asked questions for parents and students
I logged in with my parent account successfully but I don't see my student(s)
If you do not see your student after you successfully logged in to the site but instead see a message saying you need to add your students, simply hover over the top navigation bar and click on "Add student" and fill in the information about your student.
I registered a new account but can't log in to the site
If you successfully confirmed your student and registered a new account on the site, the system will send you a confirmation email to make sure you have access to the email you provided. After you click on the confirmation link in the email, you will be able to login to your account on the site. Please make sure to check your spam box too. If you didn't receive a confirmation email within an hour, please contact your school for further assistance. The email service providers may delay the delivery if this is your first time receiving email messages from the Radix LMS. Please add "radixlms.com" to your safe sender list in your mailbox settings.
I didn't receive a confirmation email after I registered a new account
Make sure to check your spam folder first. The confirmation email may take up to 10 minutes to be sent to the new accounts. If you haven't received a confirmation email after 10 minutes or accessed the email beyond the deadline to confirm, a button will be available to resent the confirmation.
Go to the login page of your site and try to log in with the email and password you used to create your account. If the account was successfully created, you should see a message like below on the login page. Please click on the "resend confirmation email" button to have the system send another confirmation message.